Emergency Notice

Test this page for now, we will add more words here later.

You are here

How do I ask for a custody order?

Produced by Attorney Jeff Wolf for MassLegalHelp
Reviewed February 2019

If you do not need a custody order right away to keep your children safe, you can file a case in a Probate and Family Court.

If you do need a custody order right away because of domestic violence, you can file a 209A Complaint for Protection from Abuse.

Married and unmarried parents file different forms when they need a custody order right away.

Who to call for help

Ask a Law Librarian

If it's
9am and 4pm