Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education, Inc. (MCLE) and Massachusetts Law Reform Institute (MLRI) present a series of 11 trainings for legal advocates, and for social, health and community services providers who assist low and moderate-income individuals and families.
- Registration must be done through MCLE (not MLRI). Registration information below.
- Tuition for legal services staff; social, health and community service providers; and non-lawyer advocates: $25 per person per session. All Others: $95 per person per session.
When registering on the MCLE website, be sure to select your program fee “Category” in the drop down menu. Click “Update” for adjusted course fee.
MCLE, 10 Winter Place, Boston (Downtown Crossing)
- Assisting Families Experiencing Homelessness: Emergency Assistance Shelter & Benefits
Tuesday, September 12, 2017, 9:30am - 2:30pm
- SSI & SSDI Basics
Wednesday, November 29, 2017, 9:30am - 4:00pm
- New Developments in TAFDC, Massachusetts’ Cash Assistance Program for Families
Thursday, December 14, 2017, 9:30am - 4:00pm
- State and Federal Veterans Benefits
Tuesday, January 16, 2018, 9:30am - 2:30pm
- Food Stamps/SNAP Nutrition Benefits: Advocacy 101
Thursday, January 25, 2018, 9:30am - 12:15pm
- Tenants' Rights in Massachusetts
Tuesday, February 6, 2018, 9:30am - 3:30pm
- Health Care Access Programs
Tuesday, February 13, 2018, 9:30am - 4:00pm
- Income Maximization for the Working Poor (Families and Individuals)
Tuesday, Februrary 20, 2018, 9:15am - 1:15pm
- Immigrants and Public Benefits
Thursday, March 8, 2018, 9:30 am - 4:00 pm
- CORI: Basics of the Law for Community Providers and Legal Aid Advocates
Tuesday, March 20, 2018, 9:30am -12:15pm
- Unemployment Insurance: Helping Out-of-Work Clients Navigate the Unemployment System
Tuesday, March 20, 2018, 1:00 - 4:30pm
* Tuition for Non-Legal Services Attorneys signing up for a Volunteer Lawyers Project’s UI Case: $25
- Elder Benefits Programs
Wednesday, April 18, 2018, 9:30am - 4:00pm
Use the grey 'Email' link at the top of the page to share this schedule with others.