Emergency Notice

Test this page for now, we will add more words here later.

Do I qualify for ConnectorCare?

Produced by Massachusetts Law Reform Institute
Created July 2019

To qualify for ConnectorCare:

  • You must live in Massachusetts.
  • You must be a U.S. citizen or a “lawfully present” non-citizen.
  • Your income must be 3 times the federal poverty level for your family size or lower. See the ConnectorCare Upper Income Limits table.
    • The Health Connector counts:
      • your federal taxable income for the year, and
      • some income like your social security income, even if it is not taxable.
      • Your family size is based on the people you include on your federal tax return.
    • See more about the ways the Connector counts income and family size
  • You must be unable to qualify for other kinds of health coverage like:
  • You must agree to file a federal tax return for the year in which you get ConnectorCare.
    • Even if you don’t make enough money to have to file taxes, you must file a tax return to get the “tax credit” that the government uses to pay for your ConnectorCare HMO.
    • See more about ConnectorCare and tax filing
  • If you are married, and will file taxes as “married filing separately” you will only qualify for ConnectorCare if you need to file separately because of abuse or abandonment.
  • You must enroll in one of the HMOs that offer ConnectorCare plans.

Find Legal Aid

You may be able to get free legal help from your local legal aid program. Or email a question about your own legal problem to a lawyer.

Ask a Law Librarian

If it's
9am and 4pm