Warning message

This is a test site. Please see MassLegalHelp.org

You are here

What if I get paid less than minimum wage?

Produced by Lydia Edwards, Director of Legal Services Brazilian Immigrant Center, Massachusetts Law Reform Institute, Neighborhood Legal Services
Last updated June 2015

If you get paid less than minimum wage, or your employer is breaking other wage/hour laws, you can file a complaint. The agencies that enforce minimum wage laws can help you get the wages you earned. 

If you work in Massachusetts, you can contact the Fair Labor Division of the Office of the Massachusetts Attorney General. Call (617) 727-3465.

If you are a state or local government worker, you can contact the Wage and Hour Division of the U.S. Department of Labor. Call 1-866-487-9243.

Download the Complaint Form from the Attorney General's website.

Find Legal Aid

You may be able to get free legal help from your local legal aid program. Or email a question about your own legal problem to a lawyer.

Ask a Law Librarian

If it's
9am and 4pm